Take Charge of Your Health At Our Fort Collins Urgent Care Clinic. Get Informed
Influenza Prevention and Treatment
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.) Keep away from others as much as possible to keep from making others sick.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Be prepared in case you get sick and need to stay home for a week or so. A supply of over-the-counter medicines, alcohol-based hand rubs, tissues and other related items could be useful and help avoid the need to make trips out in public while you are sick and contagious.
From American Medical Association
- Majority of Infant Formula Health Claims Are Poorly Supported March 21, 2023
- Large Study Finds Women Are (Still) Much More Likely to Die or Have Complications After Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery Than Men March 21, 2023
- On-Demand Male Contraceptive Compound Promising in Mouse Study March 21, 2023
- ADHD Drugs in Pregnancy Not Linked to Children’s Brain Development March 21, 2023
From American Cancer Society
- American Cancer Society Receives $4 Million from Genentech to Drive Greater Health Equity and Outcomes for All People with Cancer March 22, 2023
- New Editorial Leadership at American Cancer Society Flagship Journal March 21, 2023
- Dr. Stephen Klasko and Colleen Wyse to Fund a New American Cancer Society Research Program to Improve Access to Quality Care March 20, 2023
- Dr. Lorelei Mucci Named Director of Strategic Research Partnerships at the American Cancer Society March 13, 2023
Tips for Dealing with Stress
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.