Insurance

We will bill insurance as a courtesy to our patients. It is incredibly important that we bill insurance in a timely manner so please make sure you bring your current insurance to each appointment.

Our providers currently accept Medicare, Tricare West, and are contracted with most commercial insurance companies. We highly suggest reaching out to your insurance to verify we are in-network with your specific plan. 

 

Healthcare Lingo 101

We understand navigating the medical world can often be confusing. Here at Rocky mountain Family Physicians we want our patients to be informed and we are here to help if you have any questions along the way! For a quick reference, please see below for a list of common lingo used in healthcare.

What is a Premium? Your premium is the amount you (or your employer) pays in order for you to have health insurance.

What is a Copayment (Often referred to as your Copay)? A copay is a set dollar amount you may have to pay for certain covered health services. This is due at the time of service.

What is a Deductible? A deductible is the amount you have you have to pay each year before your insurance plan will start paying for medical costs.

What is Coinsurance? One you meet your deductible, you may be responsible for a portion of the covered health care cost. For example, Once you meet your deductible, insurance may only cover 80% of covered services and the member's responsibility is for the remaining 20% of the bill.

What is an Out-of-Pocket Maximum? This is the most you will pay for covered health services during the year. This includes copays, deductible, and coinsurance payments you make. Non-covered services are not considered in the out-of-pocket maximum. Once this amount has been met, your insurance plan will pay for all covered health services for the remainder of the year.

What is a Claim? A claim is essentially a bill that is submitted to insurance.

What is an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)? An EOB is the statement you receive from insurance explaining how your claim was processed through insurance. The EOB will go over what insurance paid, adjusted, and what is patient responsibility.

 

 

 

 

 

Your copay is due at the time of service. If you have a high deductible insurance plan, we ask that you make a $75 payment at the time of service.

If you are uninsured, you will be expected to pay the full cost of your appointment at the time of service. Please ask us about our self-pay discount and payment plan options.

It is important that you know your insurance benefits and the providers of any specialty services; i.e. referrals, radiology, lab, home-care, etc.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.